The story of Florence Nightingale
Do you know…
- Why she was called Florence?* What she did at Scutari?
- What her family life was like?* What she did after Scutari?
- Why she never married?* Where she is buried?
All this and much, much more is in the fascinating story of her life. Florence Nightingale was a remarkable, and difficult, woman. Henry Bonham Carter, Florence’s cousin, who outlived her, (played by David) tells the story of her whole life. “As a young woman Florence was dazzling”, he says. Our presentation follows Florence (played by Vera) through the various stages of her life, including her relations with her family, Scutari, (of course) and the enormous amount of work she did for public health reform, nursing and better treatment of her beloved ‘common soldiers’. She died in 1910 at the age of 90.
What audience members have said:
- “A wonderful evening.”
- “The performance was very gripping.”
- “Very enjoyable and skilful, I loved every minute.”
- “Masterly interweaving of dialogue.”
- “Excellent theatre and way of telling a story.”
- “An extremely interesting show full of valuable information."
- “A thoroughly enjoyable production.”
- “Impressive feat of chemistry.”
- “Very impressed with the writing and outstanding performance."
- “I was quickly engrossed in the early Victorian era and way of life.”
- “I was spellbound.”
- “Very entertaining and informative.”
- "The best history lesson I have ever had!"